For each of the NetSupport products, we supply ADMX template files. These are used to centrally configure the products using Active Directory Group Policy. However, it’s also possible to add these custom template files and deploy them via Intune. First, you need to locate the ADMX template files for the relevant NetSupport product and then import these into Intune:
Locating the NetSupport template files
The ADMX and ADML template files are stored in the installation folder for each NetSupport product:
- NetSupport School:
ADMX files: C:\Program Files (x86)\NetSupport\NetSupport School\ADM Templates\ADMX
ADML files: C:\Program Files (x86)\NetSupport\NetSupport School\ADM Templates\ADMX\en-GB
- NetSupport Manager:
ADMX files: C:\Program Files (x86)\NetSupport\NetSupport Manager\ADM Templates\ADMX
ADML files: C:\Program Files (x86)\NetSupport\NetSupport Manager\ADM Templates\ADMX\en-GB
- NetSupport Notify:
ADMX files: C:\Program Files (x86)\NetSupport\NetSupport Notify\ADM Templates\ADMX
ADML files: C:\Program Files (x86)\NetSupport\NetSupport Notify\ADM Templates\ADMX\en-GB
- NetSupport DNA:
ADMX files: C:\Program Files (x86)\NetSupport\NetSupport DNA\Console
ADML files: C:\Program Files (x86)\NetSupport\NetSupport DNA\Console
ADMX files: C:\Program Files (x86)\NetSupport\classroom.cloud\ADMX
ADML files: C:\Program Files (x86)\NetSupport\classroom.cloud\ADMX\en-GB
Note: For the templates from Intune to be placed onto the machine correctly, you must ensure you have uploaded the windows.admx file. This can be found in C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions (you will find the ADML equivalent in C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\en-US).
Importing the NetSupport ADMX template files
Once you have located the relevant files for the NetSupport product, you now need to add the template files to Intune:
- Open Intune>Devices>Configuration Profiles.
- Select Import ADMX>Import.
- Choose the relevant NetSupport .admx and matching .adml templates you want to import.
- Select Next.
- Click Create. The template files will start to upload.
- Once completed, the template shows as ‘Available’.
Creating a profile to configure and apply the NetSupport template file settings
After importing the NetSupport ADMX files, you now need to create a new profile to choose which settings from the NetSupport imported templates you want to apply and where to assign these.
- Select the Profiles tab.
- Select Create profile.
From the Platform drop-down list, choose Windows 10 and later and from the Profile type drop-down list, choose Templates.
- Scroll down the list, choose Imported Administrative templates (Preview) and click Create.
- On the Create Profile tab, enter a name for the profile, e.g. NetSupport Notify Agent Settings and click Next.
- On the Configure Settings tab, locate the newly imported NetSupport template and browse the setting to find the ones you wish to configure. Below is an example of the Notify Agent setting to enable notifications to show Full Screen.
- Once you have chosen your settings, you need to define your Scope and Assignment options for the policy.
- After completing the settings on each tab, review the options and click Create to apply this to your users or devices.