The NetSupport Deployment tool, which is included within the software, allows you to remotely deploy the Client component of our software to your Client devices without needing to visit the machines locally.
In order to deploy the Client software, the Deploy tool remotely accesses the target machines to copy the installer file and then runs this from a temporary directory on the machine. If for any reason the Deploy tool is unable to retrieve the required information from the target machine, the deployment may fail. The following information includes some steps on troubleshooting the deployment.
Check you are able to access the Admin$ share on the remote machine:
In order to be able to deploy to the Client machine, you will need to access the Client machine’s Admin$ share. If this is being denied, then there could be security restrictions causing the issue.
To test if you are able to access the Admin$ share on the target machine, follow the steps below on the machine you are attempting to deploy from.
- Press the Windows key + R to open Windows Run.
- Type \\MachineIP\Admin$ (where MachineIP is the IP address of the Client machine that you wish to deploy to).
- If you can access the Admin$ share, try to create a file. If you can create the file, it means you have the required write permissions.
Check that file and printer sharing is enabled on the Client machine:
On the target machine that you are attempting to deploy to, review the following steps to ensure that file and printer sharing is enabled.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Under Network and Internet, choose View network status and tasks.
- Select Change advanced sharing settings in Network and Sharing Center.
- Ensure that Turn on file and printer sharing is selected and click Save changes if you have made any changes.
Check you are able to access the remote services:
On the machine you’re deploying from, please complete the following steps:
- Right click the Windows Start menu and select Computer Management.
- Right click on Computer Management and select Connect to another computer.
- Ensure you select the ‘Another computer’ tab and enter the machine name of the Client you are attempting to deploy to.
- Once opened, select the ‘Services and Applications’ section and then select Services.
- If you are able to access the remote services, you should see a list of the services that are running on the target machine.
If you are unable to access the services on the machine you are attempting to deploy to, this indicates that there are security permissions restricting you from performing this action which would need to be resolved. If the issue persist after reviewing the above please contact our Support team for further assistance.