A Support Tool has been created for NetSupport Manager and NetSupport School, which gathers detailed information required to assist our Support team, should you encounter a problem. The Support Tool gathers details from the machine where the Support Tool has been executed. This tool then collects and stores these details within a .zip file.
Please run the Support Tool on both the Client and Control machines for NetSupport Manager problems and the Student and Tutor machines for NetSupport School problems.
The information gathered by the Support Tool is as follows:
- NetSupport Manager or NetSupport School file version details.
- Operating system details and version.
- Video hooking method (i.e. GDIHOOK or screen scrape).
- Network details (i.e. network address, computer name and subnet).
Running the Support Tool
- The Support Tool is located in the installation directory of NetSupport Manager/School:
32bit C:\Program Files\NetSupport\NetSupport Manager/School
64bit C:\Program Files (x86)\NetSupport\NetSupport Manager/School
- Execute the supporttool.exe on the NetSupport Control/Tutor machine and the NetSupport Client/Student, where you are encountering an issue.
- Select NetSupport Manager or NetSupport School from the Product drop-down list.
- Click Generate to enable the Support Tool to gather the required details.
- Click Save… to save the .zip file to your machine.
- Please note the default save location is the Support folder within the installation directory of NetSupport Manager or NetSupport School.
- The .zip file and a description of the problem needs to be emailed to our Support team at [email protected]