It is possible to configure an additional option to reset AD user account passwords via the DNA Agent icon and control which users or PCs the option is available to using DNA profiles. This may be useful if you want to provide staff members who don’t have access to the DNA Console the ability to reset student passwords.
First, you need to delegate the required permission in AD to allow the staff members to manage AD user account resets. Please refer to the following article for information on how to do this:
Allow users to reset AD passwords using the DNA Console
Once the delegation has been configured to enable this feature, select an existing DNA profile (one already assigned to the users you want to access this feature) or create a new profile to be assigned to the required users. See the steps below to set up a profile and locate the required option:
- Logon to the DNA Console with Admin rights.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Click Manage existing profiles.
- If you are creating a new profile, click Add and enter a name for the profile. Once created, highlight it in the list and click Settings.
If you are using an existing profile, select the required profile from the list and click Settings.
- When the Settings appear, click the Agent option.
- Within the Agent settings, select the Enable Manage User Account from Agent menu option. A Manage User Account shortcut can be added to the user’s desktop if required, select Create Manage User Account shortcuts on users desktop.
- Click Save.
- Finally, if this is a new profile, you will need to assign this to the relevant users. Select the profile from the list and click Assign.
- Choose from the options to assign the profile settings to relevant Users, AD Groups, PCs or Departments.
Once this has been configured, users with this profile assigned will be able to right click the DNA Agent icon from the system tray and select the Manage User Account option or, if also enabled, access the Manager User Account shortcut added to their desktop.