NetSupport School includes a method to connect to Student machines by their logged on user name. When the Tutor Console is started a Class wizard will appear, allowing you to create your class and then assign the relevant Student logon names to the class.
When the class is selected, the Tutor Console will connect to the Student PCs based on the logged on Student user name.
Creating a class with the Student logged on user names
- Start the NetSupport School Tutor.
- In the Class wizard, click New.
- Select User Mode.
- The Create Class dialog will appear.
- Enter a name and description for the class.
- In the List of Student logins (one per line) section, enter the Student logon names. You can paste in a pre-prepared list of Student logon names if you have one. Ensure there is only one Student logon name per line.
- To make this the active connection method, select Make this the active connection method.
- Click OK.
- The new class will appear in the Class wizard. Click OK.
- The Tutor will browse for and connect to the Students and display their icons in the Tutor Console. These Students have now been added to the Fixed list of users.
It is possible to create multiple classes at the Tutor Console using the method above. The required class can then be selected by the teacher from the Connect to section of the Class wizard.
Note: Double-clicking the class icon in the Connect to section, will also connect to the machines with the corresponding Student logon details.
Switching between classes
- Click the Manage Class icon in the Tutor Console toolbar.
- Click End Class.
- The Class wizard will be displayed.
- Highlight the required class icon in the Connect to section and click Select (an orange dot will be placed on the class icon).
- Click OK to connect to the Student machines.