A Support Tool is included with the Mac Client for NetSupport Manager, which gathers detailed information required to assist our Support team, should you encounter a problem. The Support Tool gathers details from the machine where the Support Tool has been executed; this tool then collects and stores these details within a .tar file.
Please run the Support Tool on both the Client and Control machines for NetSupport Manager problems. For information on running the Windows Control machine Support Tool, click here.
The following information is gathered by the Mac Support Tool:
- NetSupport Manager file version details.
- Operating System details and version (i.e. Mac OS X 10.6.3).
- Installed NetSupport Manager files.
- Any present log files.
Running the Support Tool
The Support Tool is installed by default when the NetSupport Manager Mac Client is installed.
- Go to /Applications/NetSupport/NetSupport Manager.
- Run the Support Tool application.
- Click Start to collect the relevant files.
- Once the files are collected, click Close. A NSMSupport.tar file containing the relevant files will appear on your desktop. This can be emailed to our Support team.