The recommended method to update your current NetSupport DNA installation to a newer version is using the online update.
The online update will first update the NetSupport DNA Server and then automatically update any DNA Agents when they connect to the updated DNA Server.
If the online update is unavailable, the DNA Agents can be updated manually using one of the following options:
- Deploy the Agent to the machine via the NetSupport DNA Console.
- Install using a silent/automated installation.
- Install via Active Directory Group Policy Software deployment.
Note: The NetSupport DNA Agent cannot be installed onto a machine that already has the NetSupport DNA Local (Server) Gateway component installed.
Deploy the DNA Agent to a machine via the DNA Console
- Log into the NetSupport DNA Console.
- In the Tools tab, select the Discovery and Deploy icon in the ribbon.
- The Client Discovery and Deploy window will appear.
- Choose the method for finding machines: by IP address, Windows Networking or Active Directory.
- Click OK to find matching machines.
- Select the PCs to deploy to and click Deploy.