From NetSupport DNA version 4 it is possible to implement the DNA Agent within a Terminal Server environment. When the DNA Agent is installed onto a Terminal Server, a new Agent process will be spawned within each of the thin client sessions.
NetSupport DNA allows the DNA Agent to collect information and send this to the DNA Server from within the thin client sessions; this was not possible in previous versions of NetSupport DNA. The features supported by the DNA Agent running within the thin client session are:
- Acceptable usage policies
- AD account management of TS users
- Application metering and restriction
- Internet metering and restriction
- Keyword and phrase monitoring
- Print monitoring
- Remote control
- Report a concern
- User information.
Installing NetSupport DNA onto a Terminal Server
- Download the NetSupport DNA Agent Setup.exe file onto the Terminal Server from our website www.netsupportsoftware.com/downloads.asp
- Once downloaded to the Terminal Server, perform one of the following depending on the Terminal Server operating system:
Windows 2008 TS Server: Choose Start – Settings – Control Panel – Install Application on Terminal Server option – Browse to the NetSupport DNA Agent Setup.exe file and click OK.
Windows Server 2012 and above: Choose Start – Settings – Control Panel – Install Application on Remote Desktop Server option – Browse to the NetSupport DNA Agent Setup.exe file and click OK.
- Follow the steps to complete the installation of the DNA Agent.