Uninstalling on versions 11.15 and above
- Go to the /Applications/NetSupport/NetSupport Manager directory.
- Run the uninstall.app application.
- Enter in the administrator password.
- Follow the on-screen prompts within the uninstall wizard.
Note: Certain files in the Applications/NetSupport/NetSupport Manager directory will remain. These are kept in case you need to reinstall the software at any point to ensure previous configurations are kept. Should you require a clean reinstallation please manually remove these file(s).
Uninstalling on versions prior to 11.15
To remove the NetSupport Manager Mac OS X Client, a uninstall command file was used. You will require an admin level (sudo user) account to perform the uninstallation.
- Locate the previously downloaded installer package or download the uninstall_command.zip file and extract it.
- Double click the uninstall.command file to launch a terminal session.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to remove all the required files.
- Once finished all files will be removed and any open firewall ports that are no longer needed will be closed.