NetSupport DNA has some useful features for managing subscription software in your environment. From reviewing how many licences you’re utilising for a particular software, to helping you determine how effectively software is being used across your environment with the efficiency dashboard.
Before NetSupport DNA can help you manage your subscription software, it needs to know what applications are classed as subscription software. This is done by assigning software that requires a subscription to the “Subscription Software” category in the Application Manager:
- Start your NetSupport DNA Console and navigate to Home > Software Inventory using the ribbon.
- Click the Software Inventory drop-down icon arrow and select Application Manager from the menu.
Alternatively, you can click the Application Manager icon in the Software Inventory group in the ribbon.
- Once the Software Manager dialog appears, select the Applications tab.
- A list of applications will be displayed, select an application you need to specify as a subscription application and click Edit.
- Under the Application Categories section, click Assign.
- Tick the Subscription Software category and click OK.
- Click OK to confirm the changes.
- Repeat the process for any other applications and click OK when finished.
- The applications will now be classed as subscription software.