From NetSupport DNA version 4, a new SNMP component was introduced, allowing you to monitor and alert on SNMP devices on your network. The SNMP server component of NetSupport DNA includes a number of predefined display properties (OIDs), so you can receive alerts for certain SNMP devices on your network.
If there are no display properties available in DNA for your device, then it is possible to import additional MIBs to the DNA SNMP Server, allowing you to monitor and capture alerts for your device. Manufacturers of SNMP devices often provide customer MIB files that contain OIDs specific to their device.
Add additional MIBs for devices to the SNMP Server
- Log into the machine hosting the DNA SNMP Server component.
- Browse to the following location:
32bit C:\Program Files\NetSupport\NetSupport DNA\SNMP Server\MIBS
64bit C:\Program Files (x86)\NetSupport\NetSupport DNA\SNMP Server\MIBS
- Copy the MIB file provided by the manufacturer to this directory.
- Open LOADFILES.TXT that is stored within this directory and add the name of the MIB file to the top of the file.
- Save and close the file.
- Open services.msc and restart the NetSupport DNA SNMP service.
Once the relevant MIB file for the device has been imported, you will be able to create a new display section within NetSupport DNA and include the OIDs from the newly imported MIB.