The classroom.cloud Admin Portal provides the installation files needed to deploy the classroom.cloud Student application to the school or district devices that you want to connect to – Windows, Mac and Chrome.
For each of your school sites, you will need to create a unique classroom.cloud installer package (.msi file). This is then associated with and deployed to the required group of devices in Active Directory.
- Sign in to your classroom.cloud account.
- Select Sites from the left-hand menu.
- Select the required site. (Remember, if you have multiple sites, you will need to create an installer package unique to each one).
- Select Installers.
- Choose the Windows installer.
- For the purpose of the Active Directory deployment, please ensure you download the .msi file.
Note: The screen displays all the details that the .msi will use to ensure that it can associate them with the correct account when the installer is deployed to school devices. Your unique Organisation Account ID, the individual Site ID and the Region where your classroom.cloud account is hosted.
- When the download has finished, you will see that the .msi file name includes these details. (It is recommended that you make a note of the information for future reference.)
- If applicable, select each of your other sites in turn and create your software package – or you can manually rename the .msi file name with the required Site ID.
- The classroom.cloud Student .msi files can now be configured in active directory and deployed.
Creating the software installation
- Open the Group Policy Management window.
- Right click Group Policy Objects and select New.
- Enter a name for the new policy, e.g. classroom.cloud Install and click OK.
- Locate the created policy under the Group Policy Objects list and right click Edit.
- In the Group Policy Management Editor window, expand Computer Configuration | Policies | Software Settings. Using Computer Configuration means classroom.cloud will be installed before the user is prompted to log in. The installer uses the System Service Account to install the software.
- Right click Software Installation and select New – Package.
- You will be prompted for the location of the classroom.cloud.msi file. Enter the UNC path of the network location where the file is located, i.e. \\Server\Share\ classroom.cloud.msi file and click Open.
- In the Deploy Software window, select Assigned and click OK.
- After a brief delay, the added package is displayed.
- With your software package created, you can now target the machines you wish to install the Student onto.
Deploying via Microsoft Intune
If you wish to deploy the Student software using Intune, please refer to the following technical document:
Deploying via Google Admin
Step 1 of 2 – Getting the classroom.cloud Student extension
- Log in to the Google Admin Console.
- Click on the main menu (hamburger) option at the top left of the Console and select Devices. (It is recommended that you always use the ‘hamburger’ menu to navigate and not the icons.)
- Select Chrome Management.
- Select App & extensions.
- Select the OU level that contains the required user accounts that you want to force-install the classroom.cloud Student onto.
- Search for the classroom.cloud Student. In the bottom right of the screen, click the option to add from the Chrome Web Store.
- Type classroom.cloud Student in the Search box and click Select.
- Once added, select the Installation policy drop-down menu next to the classroom.cloud Student and select Force Install. (You can choose to force-install with a pin if required.) This setting can be applied locally or inherited from your top-level OU.
- Click Save in the top right of the screen.
Step 2 of 2 – Creating the classroom.cloud configuration file
- Log into your classroom.cloud account.
- Select Sites.
- Select the required site and select Installers.
- Select the Chrome installer.
- Select the Download or Copy option.
- Return to the Google Admin Console, select the classroom.cloud Student in the required OU and paste the information into the ‘Policy for extensions’ section.
- Click Save. The settings will apply automatically to any connected devices. If not, restart the devices.
- The devices will appear under your site in the Unassigned Devices section of the classroom.cloud portal.
- You can then assign the devices to a device group and allocate them to a class.