It may be necessary to allow more than one NetSupport School Tutor to connect a Student at the same time. This is a standard feature of NetSupport Manager; however, to use this feature in NetSupport School, a parameter must be added to the Student Configuration file.
- Open the folder that you installed NetSupport School into:
32bit C:\Program Files\NetSupport\NetSupport School
64bit C:\Program Files(x86)\NetSupport\NetSupport School
- Find and open the Client32u.ini file (or Client32.ini for pre-v12.50 Students) in a text editor such as Notepad.
- Add the line Shared=1 to the [Client] section and save the file.
- You will now have to re-checksum the Client32u.ini file using the utility CKSINI.EXE – For more information on how to do this, please click here.
- Students will need to be restarted for the changes to take effect.
Note: If all your Student machines have the same Client32u.ini set up, you can amend one as detailed above and then distribute the file using NetSupport School to the other Student machines.
Alternatively, within NetSupport School, it is possible to configure this setting using the ADM Templates that are provided with a NetSupport School Tutor installation.
First, you need to import the NetSupport School Student ADM or ADMX Template files into the GPO. To do this, please refer to the following technical article: How to apply the NetSupport School ADMX files.
Once done, open the Group Policy Management Console and choose the level at which you want to apply the settings:
- Create a new policy and navigate to: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > NetSupport Student Settings > Security.
- Set the following policy option to Enabled: “Allow more than one Tutor to connect at a time”.
- Click Apply and then OK.
The next time the Student machines restart, the policy will apply and more than one Tutor will be able to connect to the Student at a time.