This article will guide you through the process of applying a custom toolbar to your Tutor machines via GPO.
Step 1 – Applying a custom toolbar to the Tutor Console
First, you need to customise a local Tutor Console’s toolbar with the features that you want.
- Open the NetSupport School Tutor.
- Right click in the main toolbar and select Customise.
- Select the features you want to appear on the toolbar.
- Click OK and close the Tutor Console.
- Open the Registry Editor.
- Access the following registry key:
HKEY_Current_User\Software\NetSupport Ltd\PCICTL\ConfigList\NetSupport School\
- Copy the value data from the UI\ToolbarIDs string.
Step 2 – Applying the custom value via Active Directory Group Policy
Open the Group Policy Editor for the policy that will apply the settings to your Tutor Consoles. Expand the following location:
Administrative Templates | NSS Tutor Settings | User Interface.
Here you will find the policy “Custom Tutor Toolbar”. Enable this policy and paste the string value copied from the registry key in Step 1.