In NetSupport School version 12 a native Tutor App for Windows 8/8.1 and 10 was introduced, this was designed to leverage the benefits of mobile teaching on Windows touch-enabled devices.
The Tutor App includes the ability for the teacher to launch, monitor and restrict Windows Store Applications from Students. By default, the Tutor App includes a pre-defined list of common Windows Store Apps for the teacher to select. However, there may be additional Windows Store Apps that are not included. NetSupport provides a utility called the Windows Store App Exporter (WindowsStoreAppExporter.exe), allowing teachers to import these apps.
This utility is installed with the normal Windows desktop NetSupport School Tutor on Windows 8\8.1 and 10:
32bit C:\Program Files\NetSupport\NetSupport School\WindowsStoreAppExporter.exe
64bit C:\Program Files(x86)\NetSupport\NetSupport School\WindowsStoreAppExporter.exe
A copy of the WindowsStoreAppExporter.exe is also available to download here:
Using the Windows Store App Exporter
- Place the utility onto a Windows 8\8.1 or 10 device that includes the required Windows Store Apps you would like to export.
- Run the WindowsStoreAppExporter.exe.
- A list of the Windows Store Apps installed on the device will appear.
- From the list, select the required Windows Store App(s) to export.
- Click Save, you will be prompted to save the list to a .txt file.
- Start the Tutor App.
- Select the icon on the left-hand side of the Tutor and select the Manage icon in the toolbar. The App Control pane will appear.
Select the icon on the left-hand side of the Tutor and select the Quick Launch icon in the toolbar. The Quick Launch pane will appear.
- Select .
- Select Store Application.
- Select Import.
- Browse to the location of the .txt file you created using the utility.
- Click Open.
- The new Windows Store App(s) will be added to the list of available Windows Store Applications.