The default method used to view a Student machine is to hook in directly to the video driver, the NetSupport School Student performs this using a mirror driver. This method of capturing the Student’s screen can result in the Windows 7/Vista Aero theme being disabled and the message ‘The colour scheme has been changed to Windows 7 basic’ appearing on the Student’s machine.
To stop this message from appearing, you can disable the primary method which uses the GDI hook mirror driver and instead use our secondary view method ‘screen scrape’ mode at the Student.
Apply screen scrape mode using the Student Configurator
- Open the NetSupport School Student Configurator from the NetSupport School program group.
- Select Advanced.
- Click Enable Screen Scrape.
- Click Silent Mode (no refresh when Viewing).
- Ensure that no options are selected in the ‘Enable DVD Playback and Direct 3D Support’ section.
- Click OK.
Note: In NetSupport School version 10.70 and below, the Enable Screen Scrape option is not available in the Student Configurator. This option will need to be enabled manually in the Client32.ini.
Applying the screen scrape option to the Client32.ini
- Open the folder that you installed NetSupport School into:
32bit C:\Program Files\NetSupport\NetSupport School
64bit C:\Program Files(x86)\NetSupport\NetSupport School
- Find and open the file called Client32.ini in a text editor such as Notepad.
- At the bottom of the [Client] section add the following parameter:
ScreenScrape = 1
- Save and close this file.
- You will now have to re-checksum the Client32.ini file using the utility CKSINI.EXE – For more information on how to do this, please click here.
- Once the Client32.ini file has been configured as above, this can be distributed to your Students using our NetSupport School Deploy utility.