When you create a Software Distribution package using the NetSupport DNA Console, the files included in the package are compressed and stored on the DNA Server so they can be distributed to machines running the NetSupport DNA Agent. The compressed files are stored in the Packages folder in the NetSupport DNA installation folder:
32bit C:\Program Files\NetSupport \NetSupport DNA\Server\Packages
64bit C:\Program Files (x86)\NetSupport\NetSupport DNA\Server\Packages
From NetSupport DNA 4.0, it is possible to change the location of where these files are stored. This is done by setting the path in the registry of the NetSupport DNA Server machine.
- On the NetSupport DNA Server, run the Registry Editor and navigate to:
32bit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\NetSupport Ltd\NetSupport DNA\Server
64bit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ Wow6432Node\ NetSupport Ltd\NetSupport DNA\Server
- Create a new string value with the name of PackagePath.
- Set this new value to a folder on the DNA Server where you would like to store the files:
- Copy any files from the current package folder to the new location.
- Restart the NetSupport DNA Server service.
This article is advising you to modify the registry, and you do so at your own risk. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow the steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it.