NetSupport DNA provides the administrator with the ability to control the time intervals between data updates from DNA Agent PCs. Between updates, the metering data and any inventory changes detected are stored within the .bin files located on the DNA Agent PC.
It is possible to change the time intervals that the DNA Agent use to send the .bin files to the DNA Server for the following components:
- Hardware Inventory
- Software Inventory
- User Details
- Energy Monitor
- Internet Metering
- Application Metering
- USB Control
- Print Monitor.
Adjusting the collection/scan interval
- Log into the DNA Console as an administrator.
- In the Settings tab, select Manage Existing Profiles.
- Select the required profile from the list and click Settings.
- Select the required DNA component to amend the interval for.
- Within the settings for the component, you will find a Scan Method/Collect Method option.
- Click the Change icon.
- In the Default section, select one of the following options from the drop-down list:
- Collect/run at startup
- Don’t collect/run at startup
- Allow Agents to control first collection/run to reduce server load.
- Specify how often you want the scan run/data collected. The default interval is 10 minutes.
- You can create custom times to suit your requirements. In the Custom section, click New and select the required day(s) and time you want the scan to run/data collected.
- Click OK to apply the settings.
Note: By default, the interval time is 10 minutes for all components; however, once the product has been evaluated, we recommend a more reasonable time interval of 180 minutes as a guideline to balance accuracy of data displayed against an increase in the network traffic from the DNA Agent machines.