By default, NetSupport ServiceDesk installs IIS and this is the preferred method. However, if you are installing IIS manually or if IIS is already hosting a website on the server that NetSupport ServiceDesk is to be installed on, certain conditions must be met when installing on Windows Server or desktop operating system machines.
You need to ensure that you have installed the IIS services that NetSupport ServiceDesk requires.
On a desktop operating system, the IIS services are installed through the Turn Windows features on or off option in the Programs and Features item in the Control Panel.
To add the Web Server (IIS) role to a Windows operating system, follow the method below:
- Click Start | Server Manager.
- Expand the Roles Summary and click Add Roles.
- In the Select Server Roles window, select Web Server (IIS).
- If you are prompted to add features required for Web Server (IIS) during this process selection, click Add Required Roles.
- Click Next. The Select Role Services window will appear.
- The list of required IIS services are as follows:
Common HTTP Features
Server Side Includes
Health and Diagnostics
Static Content Compression
IIS Management Console
IIS 6 Management Compatibility
IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility
IIS 6 WMI Compatibility
IIS 6 Scripting Tools
- Click Next.
- A Confirm Installation Selections window will appear, showing a summary of the selected services. Once you have confirmed that you have selected all of the services listed above, click Install.
If you are using a 64bit version of Windows, you will need to set the Application Pool in IIS to run 32bit applications.
- Open the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager from Administrative Tools.
- Expand the hierarchy and click Application Pools.
- Click on the DefaultAppPool entry and select Advanced Settings.
- In the General section, find the Enable 32-Bit Applications entry and change the setting to True.
- Restart the IIS service either via the Services snap-in or the Run window using iisreset.
Once the required IIS services are installed, you can proceed with the NetSupport ServiceDesk installation.