When installing NetSupport ServiceDesk onto a 64bit operating system, the DNA integration feature of ServiceDesk is unable to use the 64bit ODBC Data Source component to connect to the NetSupport DNA database.
The ServiceDesk DNA integration feature relies on an ODBC connection to the NetSupport DNA SQL Database to extract the hardware and software inventory information. ServiceDesk 3.xx is unable to use the 64bit ODBC component when it is installed on a server running a 64bit operating system.
To enable the DNA integration when ServiceDesk is installed on a 64bit operating system, the following method is required to configure the 32bit ODBC Data Source entry on the ServiceDesk Server:
- Click Start | Run to open the Run window.
- Type in %systemdrive%\Windows\SysWow64\Odbcad32.exe and click OK. The ODBC Data Source Administrator window will be displayed.
- Select the System DSN tab and click Add.
- On the Create New Data Source window, select SQL Server and click Finish.
- Enter DNAInventory in the Name field. This name must match the DataSource Name seen on the Admin | DB Options page in ServiceDesk.
- In the Description field, enter ServiceDesk link to DNA.
- Click the Server field drop-down menu and select the SQL Server name, or manually type in the SQL Server name that the NetSupport DNA database is hosted on.
- Click Next.
- Select the With SQL Server authentication using a login ID and password entered by the user option.
- Enter sa in the Login ID field and enter the sa user’s password into the Password field (if you do not know the sa user’s password for the SQL Server, contact your SQL Server administrator to obtain the required information). Click Next.
- Select the Change the default database to drop-down menu and select NetSupportDNA. Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Click Test Data Source on the ODBC Microsoft SQL Server Setup window to confirm that it is possible to connect to the NetSupport DNA database. If the ‘TESTS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY’ message is displayed, click OK.
- Click OK and then OK to close the ODBC window.
If all of the above steps have been completed successfully when you next log into ServiceDesk and go to the Reports menu, a new Inventory section will be displayed with a Hardware and Software icon.