The following example details how to create a report that will display a list of Incidents created this week and also display a summary pie chart on the report.
First, you need to create a saved search that will retrieve the results from the ServiceDesk system. This is required so it can be used as the Report Source when creating the new report.
How to create the List of Incidents Created this Week search
- Log into the ServiceDesk system and access the Lists menu.
- Click the Search button.
- When the New Search page appears, select the Date Created field from the Field list.
- Use the > button to add the Date Created field to the Criteria section.
- On the Criteria for ‘Date Created’ window, choose the This Week entry from the drop-down list.
- Click the Add to Search button.
- Select the Field List tab and click the Change Fields button.
- Add the following fields to the Currently Selected Columns section using the Add> button.
- Click Update.
- Select the Properties tab and enter a saved search name, i.e. List of Incidents Created this Week.
- Click Save.
Clicking the Go button will return rows at the bottom of the page listing of all of the Incidents created this week. You can use this to confirm that the search does return the expected results.
How to create the new report based on the List of Incidents Created this Week saved search
- Select the Reports menu.
- Click the Explore button.
- Click the New Report button.
- From the Select the source data for the Report | Saved Searches drop-down field, choose the previously created List of Incidents Created this Week entry.
- Click OK.
- From the Tools section on the left, drag the Text option to the Report Header section and then enter the following text or similar: List Of Incidents Created This Week.
- Expand the Report Header section of the report downwards to be large enough to include the pie chart.
- Shrink the size of the Group Header section as this will not be utilised.
- From the Tools section, select the Chart option and drag it to the empty space in the Report Header section of the report.
- Click the Properties button of the Chart and enter the following:
Chart title – Percentage of Incidents Created Per User
Chart type – Pie Chart
X-Axis – Contact
X-Axis label – Contact
Y-Axis – Count of Incident
Y-Axis label – Count of Incident
- Click OK.
- From the Available fields section, drag the following fields to the Data section of the report:
Incident – Contact – Contacts Department – Status – Category – Priority – Summary – Assignee
- From the Available fields section, drag the Contact field to the Group By section.
- In the Report Properties section, enter a report name and report description and choose a folder location in which to save the report.
- Click the Save button.
You can now click the View Report button to view the report and the results with the pie chart summarising the information for each contact. Placing the mouse over the pie chart sections will display the total results for each Contact.